There’s no denying that first dates can be incredibly awkward. You’re walking into a situation where you’re evaluating whether that person could be ‘the one’…no pressure or anything. Even if you’re not looking for the love of your life, there’s still the possibility of those dreaded awkward silences that make us want to curl up into a ball and throw ourselves in the bin. It’s risky business this whole dating thing, but it’s an occupational hazard in the quest to find our other half. Fortunately, we have a few tricks up our sleeve to turn first date jitters into a success. There’s nothing more romantic than offering to cook for someone. It takes time, effort & it also gives you a chance to show off your remarkable culinary skills. But wait! What if your cooking skills don’t go beyond not burning toast and throwing frozen pizza in the oven? Not to worry! This recipe doesn’t even require touching your stovetop and is one of the most uncomplicated and painless dishes to make. It also looks incredibly fancy and tastes delicious…sounds too good to be true, right? Take a look below for our easy peasy spicy Tuna Tartare piece de resistance!
SPICY TUNA TARTARE RECIPIE
- •1/2 cup mayonnaise
- •2 tablespoons Mahi Red Savina Habanero Hot Sauce
- •1 teaspoon sesame oil
- •3/4-pound of fresh raw tuna
- •1/4 cup finely diced green onion
- •1/4 teaspoon of Mahi Ground Garlic & Ginger
- •1 avocado chopped into small pieces
- Mix the first three ingredients in a small bowl to make the habanero mayo
- Dice the tuna into small cubes.
- Place tuna and chopped onion into a bowl, add the Mahi Ground Garlic & Ginger, and then add some of the Habanero mayo and start to gently mix. Add more of the habanero mayo, bit by bit, until you get a taste and consistency you like.
- Use a ramekin to build your tartare starting with the avocado on the bottom and the tuna on top
- Serve with quality taco crisps for scooping.
Did someone say Tuna Tartare? A little gourmet goes a long way…& so will the deliciously addictive spicy mayo we have to pair with this absolute showstopper of a recipe! #SaucyMahi #Fancypants #mayoformiles