This is a wonderfully satisfying meal that’s easy to scale up and share with friends. Hot beans, soft pitta bread and a fresh cold salsa – what’s not to love!
- •4 Fresh Tomatoes
- •Small Passata
- •1 Red Onion
- •1 White Onion
- •Tin of Red Kidney Beans
- •Pitta Bread
- • 1 Lemon
- •Dried Coriander
- •Olive Oil Cooking
- Dice 4 fresh tomatoes and 1 red onion and put into a serving dish.
- Cut a lemon in two and squeeze out the juice. Pour it over the tomatoes and onion.
- Top the dish with a good shake of dried coriander and chill!
- Next slice a white onion into nice big rings and drop into a pan with some olive oil.
- After 5 minutes of stirring, add red kidney beans and perhaps another drop of olive oil.
- Now comes the passata. Let it get warm enough to bubble.
- Make way for the Red Savina Habanero MAHI! Add a really good helping to the beans.
- While that keeps bubbling, slice a pitta bread into ﬁngers and arrange in a fan on the plate.
- Serve a big spoon of the beans on one side and some lovely cold salsa on the other.
- Enjoy. From MAHI with love!