Gone are the days of sad soggy sandwiches and bland ham and cheese fillings that make you feel like you’re on the losing side of a school lunch trade.
We’re in the era of meal-prep madness where people young and old are pulling out all the stops to make weekday lunch time something to look forward to. While everyone else trudges out on their lunch hour, you’ll know better! Whether it’s the same old meal-deal from the supermarket or overpriced salad from the fancy coffee shop next door, we say no thanks to both!
We have a far superior option; a delicious creation that packs a punch with a flavorful combo using our Mahi Peri Peri hot sauce and a plethora of yummy ingredients to make you smile. If this doesn’t qualify as a midday pick-me-up, we don’t know what does.
- 1 Avocado
- Salt& pepper to season
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 slices of whole grain sourdough
- 2 tsp of Mahi Peri Peri Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- Prosciutto cold cuts slices
- Optional: a handful of cherry tomatoes& a sprinkling of arugula
- Lime Squeeze
- For the spicy mayo, mix the Mahi Peri Peri Hot Sauce, mayonnaise and a squeeze of lime, set aside.
- Halve and slice the avocado and sprinkle with olive oil and salt.
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread a healthy layer of the spicy mayo onto each slice.
- Layer on the avocado and add 4 to 5 slices of prosciutto
- Optional: Slice the cherry tomatoes and layer on top of the prosciutto and sprinkle on some arugula to finish.
- Press it all together and enjoy!