Family dinners are something of an anomaly these days. Screens are here, there and everywhere with the lure of social sites tempting us to us to snap, post, like and comment. The number of hours we spend scrolling has become so significant that it’s been factored into our lives as ‘screen time’ in an effort to make people a little more conscious of how much of their day they’re spending online. Whenever we find ourselves static, it’s easy to pick up a phone, tablet or laptop for a welcome distraction. With that in mind, it may come as no surprise that meal time is one of the biggest victims in the era of tech-centric living. It’s a rare site that you find yourself sitting through a family dinner uninterrupted by the presence of some sort of gizmo or gadget. It’s not like the good ole’ days, where family dinner was as routine as your morning commute to work, but that’s something we’re here to change! We have a challenge for you! Cancel your Friday night plans, gather the fam, ditch your phones and prepare to cook up a storm followed by an evening of good food and great conversation! Our delicious Peri Peri coconut curry recipe is the perfect dish to dig into & will have everyone coming back for seconds.
PERI PERI COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY
- •4 skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- •A bottle of Mahi Peri Peri Garlic or Peri Peri Hot sauce or extra hot (for all our spice fanatics out there!)
- •2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- •Salt and pepper to season
- •2 tablespoons coconut oil
- •1/2 medium onion, chopped
- •1 can coconut milk
- •1 piece of ginger, peeled
- •4 garlic cloves, peeled
- •1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- •1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- •5 ounces baby spinach
- •Cilantro leaves with tender stems andA basket of naan bread enough for the whole fam!
- Coat the cubes of chicken with the curry powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over a medium
- Add the chopped onion and cook until softened.
- In and electric blender, combine coconut milk, ginger and garlic and your Mahi Peri Peri sauce of choice until smooth. We would recommend about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add the cubes of coated chicken and the blended coconut milk mixture to the skillet and cover. Let simmer until chicken has cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate pan with oil and add cashews and mustard seeds and cook until browned and fragrant. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Add the spinach into the curry and let simmer until spinach has cooked.
- Serve the pot family style with a basket of naan and cashew garnish alongside.
You put the Mahi in the coconut & heat it all up! Say hello to our Peri Peri Coconut Curry! It’s a real beaut of a recipe. So simple, so quick and so delicious! #SaucyMahi #singalong #dinnerinspo #familyfeasting #keepcalmandcurryon